Honorably discharged veterans who completed the required duty period may be entitled to a wide range of burial, cremation, and memorial benefits through the Veterans Administration (VA). Spouses and minor children may also qualify for burial/cremation benefits in some circumstances.
- Qualified veterans and certain family members may receive the following:
- Burial allowance for burial, cremation, and funeral costs
- Plot or interment allowance for gravesite or interment in a state, tribal, or private cemetery
- Transportation reimbursement for transporting casket or cremated remains to a final resting place.
- Transportation allowance for transporting a veteran to a national cemetery
- Eligible veterans only may receive an allowance or reimbursement for a headstone, marker, medallion, burial flag, and a Presidential Memorial Certificate
Crown Cremation Services is proud to serve America’s veterans and their families. If you or a family member served in the Armed Forces, you could be entitled to benefits and awards. Please tell your family care advisor if you would like to know more about applying for VA burial benefits.